How it Works
VidCareer is an online recruitment platform, connecting businesses with potential candidates through the the power of video.
- Employers: sign up to create a profile to showcase your brand. Schedule online meetings and events for the day and time of your choice. Connect directly with potential candidates from a large talent pool. Unlock all of these features through either a monthly subscription or on a pay as you go basis. Start your free trial today.
- Candidates: sign up to create a profile to showcase your skills, qualifications and experience. Attend webinars, video meetings and live Q&A sessions hosted by employers of your choice. Discover the jobs that excite you and find your ideal career. All of this is available to you free of charge. Start your job search today.
Please feel free to get in touch today to discuss your requirements and how we can help you.
Sybil Mayard, the founder of VidCareer, recently graduated from the University of Kent with an MSc in Computer Science. For her placement year, she worked as an Analyst at Capacitas, London, which carries out load and performance testing of clients' websites.
The concept of VidCareer started as an entry into the Big Ideas competition 2018 at the University of Kent. VidCareer, (formerly known as Codable), was chosen as the winning entry, and as a result Sybil was awarded an all-expenses paid trip to Virginia Tech, USA. Representing the UK, she competed against 12 other teams in the Global Entrepreneur Challenge 2018.
Read more about the Global Entrepreneur Challenge finalists on the VT KnowledgeWorks website, or see the article on page 6 of the Winter 2018 edition of the University of Kent's GradPost.
Please see photos of the competition below.
You can also view Sybil Mayard's LinkedIn profile.
- 2019: MSc Computer Science, University of Kent (Distinction)
- 2009: BSc Sound Technology & Digital Music, Oxford Brookes University (1st Class)
- February 2020-present: Web developer at Sybiltech
- 2018-present: Founder at VidCareer
- 2018-2019: Junior Analyst at Capacitas
- 2018: Participant in the Global Entrepreneur Challenge (Virginia Tech)
- 2018: Winner of the Big Ideas Competition (University of Kent)
- 2018: Finalist of the Business Start-Up Journey (University of Kent)
- 2012: Bronze Prize in the TJX Europe Olympics "Going for Gold" Incentive
- 2007: The Best 1st Year Sound Technology and Digital Music Student Prize (Oxford Brookes University)
This startup is supported by ASPIRE at the University of Kent.